In November, Marco and his parents had a visit with his Uncle Josh, Aunt Katie, and cousins Lizzy, Joshua, and Julianna, visiting from Washington. The kiddos had a great time playing in the sunshine!
Marco and Lizzy
U ncle Josh and Julianna
Joshua Jr and Lizzy
Watching Peter Pan!
Had to post these adorable pics of Marco – he loves reading, and I can’t tell you how many of my iPhone pictures are of Marco with books in his hand.
Visiting family over Thanksgiving, he decided to share his blankie with Mishka and read him Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel
Enjoying the book nook in his room
Making himself comfortable
Marco’s current Top Ten reads
I am a Bunny by Richard Scarry (he’s adored this since he first figured out books, and knows the whole story by heart)
Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton
Kiss Good Night by Amy Hest
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
I am a Little Tiger by Francois Krozat (a purchase from the San Francisco Zoo store, after we saw a real tiger)
Skippy-jon Jones, Lost in Spice by Judy Schachner
Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss
Roadwork! by Sally Sutton
Papa, Please get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle
Curious George and the Firefighters by Margaret and H.A. Rey
Marco was quite the assistant over the winter holidays, helping his mommy make lots of goodies for friends and family.
He helped roll the molasses ginger dough in raw sugar:
He and Daddy lined up the cookies on the cooling rack (after they were already cool, don’t worry)
Marco pinched the pie crust for a pumpkin pie
He also poured dried cranberries into the oatmeal cookie dough without spilling, and tried to clean up mommy’s messes.
Heading into the city – a beautiful day for the zoo!
Riding the steam train with Mama
Making friends with the goats
Marco carrying his booty – he loves a sale 😉
On the way home from the zoo, little man decided his elephant was a girl, and he named her Eva (picked all by himself!). Marco had such a good time at the zoo, Mom and Dad bought a membership!
Last month, Marco visited the Happy Hollow Park and Zoo with his mom, dad and Grandma Denyse.
The day before the trip, we showed Marco a picture of the jaguar on their website, and the entire drive over he chanted ‘Jaguar, Jaguar!’.
Grandma bought Marco a stuffed jaguar and he named it Roar. It’s now one of the more popular babies in his collection.
After so much change has occurred in our little man’s life (after all, he is TWO now ) – his website was feeling a little stale. To celebrate his growth we decided to re-vamp his website a bit to show off some of the things he loves. If you know this dude (and anyone who’s cool does), you’ll notice the banner reminds us of those everyday things brought up hour after hour (and minute after minute). Let us know what you think!
Yesterday Tim and I decided to find out how tall our boy is, and Mama almost couldn’t believe the tape measure… our boy is 3 feet tall! (if that whole urban legend is true, Marco will be about 6 feet when he’s an adult).
He also weighs 32 pounds. He’s actually lost a little weight since the last time we checked, but Mommy and Daddy think it’s because a certain 2 year old has decided that dinner time isn’t for eating, it’s for playing at the dinner table…
When he does eat, his favorites are:
Cheese (“What do you want for breakfast, Marco?” “Umm…cheese!”) – in all forms and types. Mozarella, cheddar, gouda, feta, fontina, gruyere, he’ll eat it all.
Blueberries (Blue strawberries)
Blackberries (Black strawberries)
Toast with jam
Yogurt pops – I throw yogurt and sliced straberries into a popsicle tray and freeze them, mostly so I can see Marco jump up and down and say “OGURT POPS!!!”
Other fun facts:
- He loves trains (“Choo choo train!!”) and fire trucks the most, but trucks, tractors, cars, trailers, etc are all exciting.
- Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Big Bird are still pretty popular.
- He has peed into his potty a couple of times, but we’re not pushing him on the potty training right now.
- I am a Bunny remains his favorite book, but lately he’s wanted us to read a lot of Skippyjon Jones and Curious George.
- ‘That’s so funny!’ is his go-to phrase.
- He can count to six, and knows most of his colors by sight – blue, orange and purple he knows the best.
- This kid loves flash cards. He loves his Dr Seuss flash cards Grandma Denyse gave him for his birthday (numbers, shapes, and colors) and he loves the flash card apps Daddy downloaded onto his iPad. Tim downloaded one that not only says the animal name, but also makes the sound too – Marco is a big fan of making animal noises.
- Marco wants to be just like Daddy, so in the morning he follows Tim into the bathroom to put on deodorant. Tim rubs a little on his underarm, then Marco runs to mommy so she can tell him how manly he smells. 😀
- Marco also wants to be just like Mommy, and will sometimes steal her makeup brush and apply blush to his face.
- Also, he likes to try on our shoes:
Snack time is definitely one of his favorite times of the day, as evidenced by this face:
And Independence Day might be his favorite holiday. This year, Marco watched Daddy light sparklers, and we woke him up from a deep sleep to climb on our roof and watch fireworks. He was giggling the whole time, pointing out the colors of each explosion. “Mama, orange!! That’s so funny!”
Marco has turned 2!! Mommy decided to have a photo shoot with the gorgeous boy, and the pictures turned out beautiful…
Special thanks to Pooh bear for participating!
Marco celebrated his 2nd Easter last week! The Easter Bunny was very generous this year…jelly beans, books, toys! Mommy took a cue from the Bunny and made Marco special pancakes. 🙂
After a fun photo shoot (Marco picked his outfit entirely by himself, even his socks!) with Mommy, the little ham and cheese had a blast with his grandparents and great-grandparents, hunting for eggs! Marco had his family hiding eggs over and over. He even got to spend some quality time with his Aunt Chloe, taking a walk, cuddling, and chasing her around the house.