The day of Marco’s birthday we went on an adventure to the Exploratorium in San Francisco. It was quite a time!
he always looks so cool
neat-o giant mirror!
Today Marco Amadeus is 3 years old.
Marco weighs 35.2 lbs (80th percentile) and is 39 1/4″ tall (90th percentile)
He spells his name constantly “M-A-R-C-O!”, and has successfully written his name several times.
Favorite book: Chu’s Day by Neil Gaiman (that’s my boy!)
He drew his first ‘smiley’ face in his friend’s birthday card:
Favorite music: The Decemberists
Counts to 40 before he stumbles a bit. Knows the alphabet backwards and forwards. Starting to recognize numbers and letters when he sees them in random places.
Marco has been potty trained since December of 2012 – and has had a total of three accidents (two of which occured during the 2-day training).
Fashion choices: sunglasses, Toms, capes, and nail polish on his toenails
This boy is growing so much everyday.
I wish we could freeze this moment in time for just a little while.
Birthday party pictures coming shortly!
I’ve been so ridiculously behind on posting these adorable and hilarious videos of Marco…apologies!
Here are a few dancing videos.
Dancing with Eva (he even ‘dips’ her) to Christmas music
We love Haim around here…and yes Marco is wearing a Jimmy Eat World tee shirt 😀
More videos in the next few days!
Had to post these adorable pics of Marco – he loves reading, and I can’t tell you how many of my iPhone pictures are of Marco with books in his hand.
Visiting family over Thanksgiving, he decided to share his blankie with Mishka and read him Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel
Enjoying the book nook in his room
Marco’s current Top Ten reads
I am a Bunny by Richard Scarry (he’s adored this since he first figured out books, and knows the whole story by heart)
Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton
Kiss Good Night by Amy Hest
The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
I am a Little Tiger by Francois Krozat (a purchase from the San Francisco Zoo store, after we saw a real tiger)
Skippy-jon Jones, Lost in Spice by Judy Schachner
Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss
Roadwork! by Sally Sutton
Papa, Please get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle
Curious George and the Firefighters by Margaret and H.A. Rey
Marco was quite the assistant over the winter holidays, helping his mommy make lots of goodies for friends and family.
He helped roll the molasses ginger dough in raw sugar:
He and Daddy lined up the cookies on the cooling rack (after they were already cool, don’t worry)
Marco pinched the pie crust for a pumpkin pie
He also poured dried cranberries into the oatmeal cookie dough without spilling, and tried to clean up mommy’s messes.
Heading into the city – a beautiful day for the zoo!
Riding the steam train with Mama
Making friends with the goats
Marco carrying his booty – he loves a sale 😉
On the way home from the zoo, little man decided his elephant was a girl, and he named her Eva (picked all by himself!). Marco had such a good time at the zoo, Mom and Dad bought a membership!
Yesterday Tim and I decided to find out how tall our boy is, and Mama almost couldn’t believe the tape measure… our boy is 3 feet tall! (if that whole urban legend is true, Marco will be about 6 feet when he’s an adult).
He also weighs 32 pounds. He’s actually lost a little weight since the last time we checked, but Mommy and Daddy think it’s because a certain 2 year old has decided that dinner time isn’t for eating, it’s for playing at the dinner table…
When he does eat, his favorites are:
Cheese (“What do you want for breakfast, Marco?” “Umm…cheese!”) – in all forms and types. Mozarella, cheddar, gouda, feta, fontina, gruyere, he’ll eat it all.
Blueberries (Blue strawberries)
Blackberries (Black strawberries)
Toast with jam
Yogurt pops – I throw yogurt and sliced straberries into a popsicle tray and freeze them, mostly so I can see Marco jump up and down and say “OGURT POPS!!!”
Other fun facts:
- He loves trains (“Choo choo train!!”) and fire trucks the most, but trucks, tractors, cars, trailers, etc are all exciting.
- Elmo, Cookie Monster, and Big Bird are still pretty popular.
- He has peed into his potty a couple of times, but we’re not pushing him on the potty training right now.
- I am a Bunny remains his favorite book, but lately he’s wanted us to read a lot of Skippyjon Jones and Curious George.
- ‘That’s so funny!’ is his go-to phrase.
- He can count to six, and knows most of his colors by sight – blue, orange and purple he knows the best.
- This kid loves flash cards. He loves his Dr Seuss flash cards Grandma Denyse gave him for his birthday (numbers, shapes, and colors) and he loves the flash card apps Daddy downloaded onto his iPad. Tim downloaded one that not only says the animal name, but also makes the sound too – Marco is a big fan of making animal noises.
- Marco wants to be just like Daddy, so in the morning he follows Tim into the bathroom to put on deodorant. Tim rubs a little on his underarm, then Marco runs to mommy so she can tell him how manly he smells. 😀
- Marco also wants to be just like Mommy, and will sometimes steal her makeup brush and apply blush to his face.
- Also, he likes to try on our shoes:
Marco’s 2nd Halloween! Last year, we dressed him as Darth Vader. This year, he left the Dark Side for the Force…he was Yoda!! 😀 He was so cute I ‘squee’d about 1000 times. heh heh
How about that adorable hat? We bought it on etsy from KreativeKroshay – much cuter than the hat that came with the robe. Marco’s daycare went around the town to visit local businesses (and get candy), and they came to my office too! I was so excited to show him off to my coworkers.
You can’t see them in the pictures, but he also wore THESE shoes to trick-or-treat in our neighborhood! I want a pair.